- About Us
Admissions to MBBS course shall be based on
i) The MCI Regulations on Under Graduate Medical Education, 1997 (Amended from time to time)
ii) The Central Govt. “Policy guidelines” on Admission of students and charging of Fee in Private medical and dental colleges and other Professional Institutions imparting education in health sciences in pursuance of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the judgment dated 31.10.2002 in the TMA Pai Foundation Case (vide Letter No. V-11025/1/2003-ME(P.I) dated 14th Way 2003) Islamic Academy & PA. lnamdar & State Karnataka.
iii) The State Govt. directives 2009.
iv) The ARYABHATTA Knowledge University rules and regulations.
v) Medical Council of India Gazette Notification(s) issued from time to time.
Candidates must have qualified in NEET examination and obtained minimum marks of 50th Percentile in ‘National Eligibility -cum -entrance Test’ held for academic year 2019-20. However, in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the minimum marks shall be 40th Percentile. In respect of candidates with disability of lower limbs as defined by the MCI, the minimum marks shall be 45th Percentile. In case, the percentile of marks mentioned above is modified by the Government of India/MCI, the revised percentile shall be applicable for respective categories.
Course Duration: 4½ years (one year internship – additional)
Medium: The medium of instructions is English.
Number of seats: 150
Categories of seats
1. NRI Category Children/Wards of Non Resident Indians (NRI)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) 15% of total intake.
2. General Category 35% seats.
3. Muslim Minority 50% Seats.
Candidate seeking admission has to appear in counseling conducted by the State of Bihar through its appropriate authority. Student has to submit application online on the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) portal ww.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in to appear in counseling.
Nomination for admission in Undergraduate Medical Course (MBBS) shall be made by BCECE Board on merit -cum -choice based on NEET (UG)-2019
1. The candidate must have qualified National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2019 conducted as per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 as amended in 2019.
2. The candidate must fulfill the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Government of India, the Government of Bihar and MMC.
3. The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS course.
4. The upper age limit of the candidate is 25 years on the date of NEETUG of the year of admission with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
5. NRIs, OCIs, PlOs and Foreign Nationals shall also be required to qualify NEET UG for admission to MBBS course. NRI quota shall include Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) as per the orders of the Supreme Court of India in WP(C) No. 689/2017.
6. The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in the Graduate Medical Education Regulations, 1997 as amended in 2018.
In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes,the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examinations shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for General category candidates. In respect of candidates with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Person with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany & Zoology)/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
The students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the University.
Reservation of the seats for respective categories shall be as per applicable Reservation Policy of Government of BIHAR prevailing at the time of admission As per the Judgement of Hon’ble Supreme Court dated 9th May 2017 passed in WP(c) No. 267/2017, it is mandatory for the students belonging to particular minority community that they furnish the necessary proof of their minority status at the time of counseling and submit in writing about their willingness to take admission in the concerned minority college/institution.
- The Tuition Fee for resident(General & Minority Category) Indians shall be 14,00,000 per annum and is charged for 4½ years. For the session 2023-24.
- For Non -Resident Indian/Foreign and other students admitted on seats reserved for NRI the annual college fee shall be $ 21,000 (USD) per annum.
- The Hostel Charge 3,00,000. is payable annually and is charged for 5½ years or duration of stay whichever is later. Centralized A.C. (Cool and Warm) along with other facilities and 24×7 electricity backup etc. are available for Boys and Girls Hostel which are separate. Students staying in the Hostel for more than the duration of the course either to failure in examination or extension of residency or any other reason shall be required to pay additional Hostel charge for their additional stay.
- The student Transportation & Other charge of Rs.50,000 is payable annually and is charged for 5½ years.
- Refundable Security Deposit Rs. 1,00,000 is payable at the time of admission one time and will be refunded on completion of internship after deducting damages/dues as the case may be.
- A candidate once admitted in the college shall not be allowed to leave the college without paying the full Tuition Fee for the remaining period of the MBBS Course.
- Fee will be deposited through Demand Draft in favor of Madhubani Medical College, payable at Madhubani.