Admissions to MBBS course shall be based on
i) The MCI Regulations on Under Graduate Medical Education, 1997 (Amended from time to time)
ii) The Central Govt. “Policy guidelines” on Admission of students and charging of Fee in Private medical and dental colleges and other Professional Institutions imparting education in health sciences in pursuance of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the judgment dated 31.10.2002 in the TMA Pai Foundation Case (vide Letter No. V-11025/1/2003-ME(P.I) dated 14th Way 2003) Islamic Academy & PA. lnamdar & State Karnataka.
iii) The State Govt. directives 2009.
iv) The ARYABHATTA Knowledge University rules and regulations.
v) Medical Council of India Gazette Notification(s) issued from time to time.
Candidates must have qualified in NEET examination and obtained minimum marks of 50th Percentile in ‘National Eligibility -cum -entrance Test’ held for academic year 2019-20. However, in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the minimum marks shall be 40th Percentile. In respect of candidates with disability of lower limbs as defined by the MCI, the minimum marks shall be 45th Percentile. In case, the percentile of marks mentioned above is modified by the Government of India/MCI, the revised percentile shall be applicable for respective categories.
Course Duration: 4½ years (one year internship – additional)
Medium: The medium of instructions is English.
Number of seats: 150
Categories of seats
1. NRI Category Children/Wards of Non Resident Indians (NRI)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) 15% of total intake.
2. General Category 35% seats.
3. Muslim Minority 50% Seats.
Candidate seeking admission has to appear in counseling conducted by the State of Bihar through its appropriate authority. Student has to submit application online on the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) portal ww.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in to appear in counseling.
Nomination for admission in Undergraduate Medical Course (MBBS) shall be made by BCECE Board on merit -cum -choice based on NEET (UG)-2019
1. The candidate must have qualified National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2019 conducted as per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 as amended in 2019.
2. The candidate must fulfill the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Government of India, the Government of Bihar and MMC.
3. The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS course.
4. The upper age limit of the candidate is 25 years on the date of NEETUG of the year of admission with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
5. NRIs, OCIs, PlOs and Foreign Nationals shall also be required to qualify NEET UG for admission to MBBS course. NRI quota shall include Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) as per the orders of the Supreme Court of India in WP(C) No. 689/2017.
6. The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in the Graduate Medical Education Regulations, 1997 as amended in 2018.
In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes,the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examinations shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for General category candidates. In respect of candidates with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Person with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany & Zoology)/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
The students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the University.
— Reservation of the seats for respective categories shall be as per applicable Reservation Policy of Government of BIHAR prevailing at the time of admission As per the Judgement of Hon’ble Supreme Court dated 9th May 2017 passed in WP(c) No. 267/2017, it is mandatory for the students belonging to particular minority community that they furnish the necessary proof of their minority status at the time of counseling and submit in writing about their willingness to take admission in the concerned minority college/institution.
- The annual Tuition fees shall be Rs.13,50,000 /- (Fixed by Fee Fixation Committee of Bihar State)
- For Non -Resident Indian/Foreign and other students admitted on seats reserved for NRI the annual college fee shall be $ 30,000 (USD) per annum.
- A refundable Security Fee of Rs.100000 is charged per student at the time of admission.
- An amount of 100000 is charged as Amenities and development fee, which includes Library, Medical and Sports Fee per student annually.
- A candidate once admitted in the college shall not be allowed to leave the college without paying the full tuition fee for the remaining period of the MBBS Course.
- Bank guarantee from a Nationalized Bank for minimum next 2 years period of the course duration.
- Fee will be deposited through Demand Draft in favor of Madhubani Medical College, payable at Madhubani.